Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function Module for role based on user name, auth object and its value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Can you please help me find the function module which will return the Role based on user id, auth object and its value?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

goto SUIM.. expand the Roles tab and select the option for Auth objects...

then see the code behind it.. it directly resolves your purpose...

3 REPLIES 3

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Owais,

I don't know any function module to do that job, but you may have a look at standard report RSUSR070 which does that.

So that to get the result and to not display it, I'd suggest to :

1) call the report using SUBMIT rsusr070 EXPORTING LIST TO MEMORY AND RETURN (to not display the list),

2) and enhance function module SUSR_LIST_ACTVGRPS_ALV using an implicit enhancement option at the end of it, to export AGR_OUTPUT internal table to memory (EXPORT .. TO MEMORY ID).

3) After the report has done the job, you'll read the internal table back from memory (IMPORT ... FROM MEMORY ID).

Another way would be to read directly the database tables, but that is more simple to use the report, just check that it is enough performant.

Best regards,

sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

goto SUIM.. expand the Roles tab and select the option for Auth objects...

then see the code behind it.. it directly resolves your purpose...

0 Kudos

That's correct, SUIM -> Roles -> By authorization object (OR By authorization values) corresponds to program RSUSR070. See my answer above.