Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function group program in background mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have made the custom transaction similar to the transaction "CA97". My requirement is to execute this custom program in the background mode (Background job). I am able to run it in the foreground. Please help me to resolve the issue. Thanks in advance.    

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto SE38 and give the program name and click on Program->Execute->Background.

Provide the variant and click on Job-> Execute immediately.

Go to transaction SM37 and check whether the job was executed successfully or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please create the job in sm36 for the custom program and shedule the job either periodically or immedeiatly.

Please check the jobs in sm36 using ownjob option.

Thansk & Regards,

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you only created a tcode or also developed a program related to it.

If you have also developed a program, in report you can add validation of sy-batch to execute this report only in background mode.

Regards,

Pravin    

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried all the options. But I would like to mention that it is a module pool program. I have also created an executable program with the selection screen same as "CA97" and then called the custom CA97 program. It is working perfectly fine in foreground mode. But when I execute it in background mode it is going in an infinite loop.

0 Kudos

Schedule your job as usual and can you try to debug in using SM51(Work process level) to find how the looping happening.

Regards,

Vadamalai A