Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free text Reading Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using set_text_as_r3table of class cl_gui_textedit after creating a container .This is called from another screen.

Now if I am trying to read the text using either GET_SELECTED_TEXT_AS_R3TABLE and GET_SELECTED_TEXT_AS_STREAM, for the first time its reading fine but if I enter text and then press cancel ( I have save and cancel buttons in the screen ) and goes back to first screen and again come to the screen where there is Free text then it still shows the Text even though i use DELETE_TEXT ...Flush...buffer refresh etc etc....I tried clearing container objects as well b4 creating new objects.Still there is no help.

Is there any thing that I am missing ?

Any help is appreciated.

BR,

krishna.

4 REPLIES 4

Emre_tr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

clear your internal table before calling screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but clear only after you have determined that you are deleting text....better yet, clear the internal table holding the text for the ALV display as part of the delete_text or update text processing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys...thanks for the interest .I already tried those but with no luck.I also tried Free method but it gives me a dump for someother reason.

Its really strange as if I read that text it shows the internal table is empty.So potentially it is deleting the text but some how the screen is holding that value.

any help is appreciated.

BR,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess there is a problem with SAP while clearing the Buffers...I replaced those with I/P lines....which actually works..

Thanks All.

Krishna.