Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fonts in Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have used Smartstyles and defined fonts for my header and paragraph data. I have used 30.0 pt for header and 18 for my paragraph. I am using those in my smartform. But when I save it, it comes to the normal form.

any suggestions please and also abt loop at internal tables. should I declare it in

Form Interface-->Tables or is it enough to declare in Form Interface>Imports..

with regards,

chaithanya.

17 REPLIES 17

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

Check out weather you have specified the smartstyle name or not at the following? And also check weather you have activated the smartstyle or not?

Global Settings->Form Attributes->Output Options(tab)->style.

INTERNAL TABLES:

You need to declare in Form Interface---->Tables.

Form Interface-->Imports (Here you can declare structures).

Ashvender

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean when you say "when I save it, it comes to the normal form"?

Have you listed your SmartStyle in the Form Attributes, Output Options?

Any internal table that you are passing to your Smart Form from your print program should be listed in the Form Interface, Tables tab.

0 Kudos

Dear Nagel & Ashvender,

Thanks for your replies. I have declared it in the Output option smart styles. But I could not still get it. But when I give it in the tables tab.

I get the error message as <i>only table types may be used as the reference type for the table parameter.</i>

Basically I need a label.

I hve the data in an internal table called itab_hold in my application program. the internal tables consist of several records. It has to be printed on several labels. I have designed on only one label and trying to loop the internal table.

Or can any one send me some material hw to design a label using a smart form.

with regards,

Chaithanya.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am going through Example SF_EXAMPLE_01. which doesn't use any tables in table tab.

with regards,

chaithanya

0 Kudos

You have to have a DDIC table type to refer to your table in the Smart Forms interface.

You can go to SE11 and create a structure of your ITAB_HOLD and then use this in the Smart Forms interface.

0 Kudos

Hi Chaithanya,

For declaring Internal table in Form Interface you need to do like this:

IT_KOMV LIKE KOMV

The structure you are giving in Associated Type should exist in DATA Dictionary(TCode -SE11). If the structure you are passing ITAB_HOLD does not exist in DATA Dictionay then you need to create it Otherwise you can not pass the data to smartform.

ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION:

And you can also declare internal table in TYPES Tab of "Global Definations" in smartform.

If you have declared ITAB_HOLD by your own the you might be filling it with different structures. Then insted of passing ITAB_HOLD in smartform pass different tables to smartform.

Declare Internal Table in TYPES Tab of "Global Defination". And fill it with the different tables you are getting from Form interface. To fill this internal table create PROGRAM LINES & concatenate the data of different tables into Internal table. & use it.

You can Pass N numbers of tables & structures in smartfroms Form interface.

Reward points if helpful answer.

Ashvender

0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Thanks for u r replies. My problem got solved for the fonts. Regarding the Tables. I made a mistake when exporting from the function module. I did not declare it as Tables.

Now I have used the loop but I am unable to see the print preview for more than one data...

Any suggestions...

with regards,

chaithanya.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u explain how you are writing loop contitions.

Generally We provide loop in table control of main window. Are u providing loop into Work_area statament into DATA tab of table control or not?

You can also create a seprate loop for in main are of table control & there also u can provide loop statement.

Ashvender

0 Kudos

Hi Ashvender,

Thanks for your reply. I have to print the label like this

<i>loop itab into wa_itab </i>

<b>AWAITING RELEASE(header)

QUALITY DEPT

<i>loop itab into wa_itab </i>

MATERIAL &ITAB-MATNR& BATCH &ITAB-CHARG&

INSPECTION &ITAB-PLOS& PLANT &ITAB-WERKS&</b>

I have several records in ITAB. I have used the loop for both header and data.

In the internal table I have given like this ITAB INTO WA_ITAB.

In the print preview I am able to see first record data. Is this possible to get mutliple records. If the user selects 5 records I get 5 records in ITAB.

Now I have to print it.

Hope I am clear with my problem.

with regards,

chaithanya.

0 Kudos

use SF -> flow logic -> loop

and place the internal and work area table in that.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Are u writng the following info in two lines in a single text:

MATERIAL &ITAB-MATNR& BATCH &ITAB-CHARG&

INSPECTION &ITAB-PLOS& PLANT &ITAB-WERKS&

If yes then dont do like that. Inside folder create two rows & in both the rows create texts & in texts pass the variables form work area.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Ashven

0 Kudos

Hi Ashvender,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I am writing it in a single text. As you said I have a created a folder. How to create rows.?

Is this a good method for creating a label.or shoud I go for a template. But I heard template is for static table.

with regards,

chaithanya.

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use any method u are comfortable with.

Template is a static method. In template you need to calculate the total of fields manually whereas in "Calculation" tab of table you have various options.

Using a table is a standard method. You can go for tamplate in case if you want to draw vertical lines. e.g. Suppose you have 4 fields item no, Material no, qty & amount. And you want to draw vertical lines between these four lines then you need to choose template.

Ashven

0 Kudos

Hi Ashvender,

Thanks for your reply and time. I am able to get the data. Now I need to align the data properly. Can u suggest me whether I shall go for table or for template.

I am awarding some points which were very useful.

regards,

chaithanya.

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using table then do this:

In "TABLE" tab of table control go for Details button. All the rows you have used will be availabe here. Here specify the column widths. For each row specify the column widths. If you want alignment then specify the same column width for header as well as items rows.

And if you are using template:

Then in "TEMPLATE" tab of templae go for details & specify the column lengths.

Note: If you are using template & you have creted texts in template then Double click on text & go for output options of it. In OUTPUT STRUCUTRE tab you need to provide the line & column numbers for each text othewise data will not be printed.

Ashven

Former Member
0 Kudos

As for the fonts/Smart Style be sure to activate the Smart Form, don't just save it.

When you activate it, the fonts should change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved Problem