Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font Sizes greater than 99

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In a Smartform or Layout Set, it is not possible to enter a font size larger than 99 (the system won't allow it, and you cannot change it in the corresponding style objects either).

Does anyone know of a way to produce output of characters beyond this limit? One way would be to convert each character to a grid and represent the characters in a large grid, but this would be extremely cumbersome.

Thanks,

Martin

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

For those who are interested, I did the following:

I created an external command in SM69 for the 'banner' command. (Our SAP system runs on AIX). Then in my Smartform, I call the function SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE to execute the banner command with the text that I need to create the large letters I am looking for, the total contents of which is passed back as a table in the parameter exec_protocol of the function (which is just the stdout output of the banner command). The text I get back in the table is what I then use for the ouput.