Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM import parameter - lowercase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need the import parameter in a FM to NOT convert lowercase letters to uppercase.

I have defined the import parameter type a type whose domain has a checkmark in the "lowercase" (RZLLI_APCL).

Despite this, when I run the program I see it gets converted to uppercase, also when I test the FM. (For export parameters this is not the case).

Anyone know if/how it is possible to do this?

(Translating to lowercase in the beginning of the FM source code also will not do because I need to have the ability for combination of upper and lower cases).

Thanks,

Michal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the domain has the check mark for lowercase it should work.

<i>Despite this, when I run the program I see it gets converted to uppercase,</i>

how are you testing this, is it from SE37

if so, have you checked the check box "Uppercase/Lowercase"

or is it thru say type 1 program, if so, is the variable passed to this parameter is also of type with "lower case supported

Regards

Raja

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

That is dependent on the DATA ELEMENT based on which the parameter is defined. In the DATA ELEMENT details, there will be a flag for LOWER CASE / CASE SENSITIVE. If that is checked, then the CASE will be retained, else it will be converted to UPPER CASE.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark all the helpful answers

0 Kudos

Ravi,

The data element's domain is flagged for lower case.

Thanks,

Michal

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the domain has the check mark for lowercase it should work.

<i>Despite this, when I run the program I see it gets converted to uppercase,</i>

how are you testing this, is it from SE37

if so, have you checked the check box "Uppercase/Lowercase"

or is it thru say type 1 program, if so, is the variable passed to this parameter is also of type with "lower case supported

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi michal,

1. This usually happens, when we test thru se37 .

2. for such cases,

3. when we execute the FM (in se37),

4. A CHECKBOX will come on top

(Uppercase/Lowercase)

5. Tick this checkbox.

(It will take care of lower case and will not do any kind of conversion)

regards,

amit m.