Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding objects deleted from Transport request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings everyone.

We have saved around 100 objects in a transport request.

I have accidentally deleted 10 of them from the transport request. I do not know which objects i have deleted.

Is there any way to find out the objects i have deleted?

So that i can add them back to the transport request.

Regards,

Joshua.

18 REPLIES 18

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshva,

In SE03 transaction you may get the information.

0 Kudos

Hi joshva,

u will get information SE03 transaction,,

check this thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/959449

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshva,

step 1:Goto Transaction SPAU

step 2: Give your transport request name in selection screen.

step 3: excute

step 4: in menu bar select goto ---->deleted objects.

step5:you can find deleted objects.

let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks,

Prasanna balaji.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua,

I don't think what you are looking for is recorded anywhere.  There are no change documents generated for table E071 which hold the task contents and no function in SE10 to list changes to tasks.

If any of the 20 different reports available in transaction SE03 do hold this data I'd be interested to know which.

Regards,

Nick

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Versioned objects can be found in table VRSD via request number.

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

I feel like my contribution to this post has not been very positive, but I don't think VRSD will help in this case.  The table is only updated with the transport number after the request is released (or if a new version is manually generated), so if I delete an object from a task VRSD will not give me any hint which transport it had been in.

The only situation it will help is if for the 10 objects in this example a version was manually generated before they were deleted from the task.

Regards,

Nick

0 Kudos

Does someone know a tool to identify versioned objects not in accordance with version, due to wild deletion from transport request ?

e.g.the report was modifier yesterday (TRDIR-SDATE) but last version is two months old (max of VRSD-DATUM) (and of course not in a not released task/request)

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your answers.

I am trying the solutions provided. Thanks Nick for eliminating a few 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again. I have checked SE03 and the suggestion in the other thread linked here.

Too bad they did not work out for me. I guess i will see if there is any other way[bruteforce!!!] to find these.

Thanks everyone.

0 Kudos

Hi

have you checked with SPAU transaction?

0 Kudos

Yes Prasanna.

I specified my transport number in 'Request/task'. And executed the report.

When i checked 'goto->deleted objects' it did show me a list of programs, but they were all some standard programs. But i am sure that the ones i have deleted are Z* programs.

Please do let me know if i am doing it wrong.

Regards,

Joshua.

0 Kudos

Hi Joshva,

please give your user name in selection screen.

please find below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/83/7a18ecde6e11d195460000e82de14a/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/fe/4b284837bf11d5b3bf0050dae02d7c/content.htm

thanks and regards,

prasanna balaji.

0 Kudos

Try the function module:

STRF_READ_COFILE

Input transport request number in the field IV_TRKORR

0 Kudos

Thanks Jeevan, I will give it a try.

Right now i do not have access to SAP.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Apologies for the delay. I was busy fixing other errors.

The FM did not work. It throws the following exception "NO_INFO_FOUND".

I understand some kind of logging must be turned on, so that the particular file is found.

Regards,

Joshua.

0 Kudos

No, the cofile (and corresponding data file) file only be generated when the request is released. But then again, no info about the deleted objects will be found.

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your answers.

We had to manually compare every object in our list [that were part of changes] and find the programs that were not in TR.

But i could find just 4. I believe the other 6 were captured in other TRs as a part of some changes.

0 Kudos

This may not work for all situations, but I searched TRDIR for objects created on and modified on for a user name. Then did version control to see if they were on a current transport.

I had made the same mistake and was searching SCN for an SAP solution.