Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finding links b/w tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anyone explain me how to find the links b/w two table generally..i know about the materials available ,,other than that how to fimd relationship between any tables...any techniques plz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

u link the two ddic tables by means of joins or foreign key relationship .

1.)while u link the two tables . u put the cursor on the foreign key fields on the foreign key table and double click on it. it displays the tick marks in foreign key check box.

otherwise.

u go to utilities -> graphic it displays the link between two tables one is reference table or check table and foreign key table

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

I generally use the performance analysis (ST05).

Rob

0 Kudos

how can explain with any expample plz suppose take lips and vbap

0 Kudos

By using the above method I gave you

LIPS-VBELN = VBAP-VBELN and

LIPS-POSNR = VBAP-POSNR.

Thanks

Aneesh.

0 Kudos

Sales document flow is VBFA.

Rob

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

se11>enter you table name> display-->press Ctrlshftf11

Former Member
0 Kudos

I normally create a test query in SQVI.When creating a query in the Data Source give the input as Table Join. Then Insert your tables using Shift+F1.

You can get the relationship between tables that you insert.

Thanks

Aneesh.

0 Kudos

but it is wrong ..it linked using vgbel from lips to vbeln of vbap

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just blog about a tool for performance -:) It might help you -:D

[Little tool for performance|/people/alvaro.tejadagalindo/blog/2008/02/05/little-tool-for-performance]

Greetings,

Blag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

u link the two ddic tables by means of joins or foreign key relationship .

1.)while u link the two tables . u put the cursor on the foreign key fields on the foreign key table and double click on it. it displays the tick marks in foreign key check box.

otherwise.

u go to utilities -> graphic it displays the link between two tables one is reference table or check table and foreign key table

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can

- look for foreign key relations between table. (e.g. header and item, or control/value tables)

- look if the table you seek belongs to a logical database

- look in update task function modules, these module update the database after the COMMIT WORK, so they usually update related table in one call.

Regards

0 Kudos

could u please explain about update function module please

0 Kudos

For the general documentation, look at [Updates in the R/3 System (BC-CST-UP)|http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/BCCSTUP/BCCSTUP_PT.pdf]

These function modules can be seen (on action) through transaction SM13.

You can identify these under SE37, as they have the flag "Update module" checked (in Attributes tab) (or search table TFDIR for records with TFDIR-RS38L_TSK not initial).

Look at POST_DOCUMENT for example, in the table parameter you will find table like BKPF, BSEG, BSET and other that you may not be aware of.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you need to find any relationship between the tables:

1. Better to have a relationship document list which is available in ERPGenie.com

2. Search for the fields in the both the tables and the data

3. Go to SQL Tracer and find.