Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filedcatalog screen is not refreshed after search

uirji_netweaver
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a screen with a custom container in which i display alv grid , i have added button to call a popup window to search and select the particular record,  now the issue is when i search for a record using the popup,  the record is being selected but the screen not refreshed  , i want the screen should be scrollled to the location where the record is selected.

after the   popup selection i used to below code to refresh the screen

MODIFY  CURRENT LINE.

gr_table->refresh( ).

Please let me know do i need write any specific login to achieve the required functionality.

thanks

NVR

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would be better to solve the issue, if you provide the code here .

Thanks,

Malar.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't understand why you're talking about the field catalog in the title, and your question seems to be about how to set the first visible row in the ALV.

Moreover, you don't mention the technology (pure ALV grid control, SALV, REUSE_ALV_*), but as you're taking about method "REFRESH" then it's probably SALV.

As explained in this thread, that's not possible with SALV, but there's a workaround by getting the reference to the ALV grid control, and using method SET_FIRST_VISIBLE_ROW.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Modify Current Line from what I remember refers to a standard report and not an ALV grid or anything else.  You need to modify the source internal table with your changes and then call the refresh method.

F1 help should of been your first port of call for this question - it explains it all....

Rich