Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

field exit and Authorization grp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the following requirement...

I Created a field exit for the data element (MATKL-for example)..Is there any chance that we could use that AG as indicator to evaluate in the field exit???

That is...

If the material group(MATKL) has the AG(Authorization group) populated with a value (ZRES – for example) ,then that particular Material group is restricted and should not be used in the creation/modification of documents.

Is there any possiblilty of achieving the above requirement..??

Please suggest a solution.

Regards

Shiva

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

My requirement in this scenario is : I need to decide between a authorization group and field exit to restrict the users using some group of material groups which are obsolete.

Since the field exits are created over a data element in many transactions such as ME21N/22N/23N/..etc the data element for material group is not MATKL so in such cases I need to create field exits for all data elements which the material group uses across various transactions.

On the other hand, if I could restrict the use of certain material group based on authorization group then use of field exit would not be required…

But the possible problem with this may be to restrict only certain transactions …but not all the transactions.

-

Authorization Object: M_MATE_WGR

Definition :

Material group authorization for material master records.

This object determines whether a user is authorized to maintain the material master record for a specific material group.

Defined Fields

Fields

Possible values :

ACTVT

01 User may create data.

02 User may change data.

03 User may display data.

06 User may mark data for deletion.

BEGRU (Authorization grp-table T023)

Here you must specify the

authorization groups from Table T023

for which the materials concerned may

be processed.(may be any number of grps)

Regards

Shiva