Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FB01 in batch input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am not able to reproduce something so I thought I would ask here.

In FB01, you can have many things that gives you a mistake if the input is wrong. Though, if you run the transaction FB01 in a batch input, how many mistakes per transaction done will be in the log?

If, for example, there are 3 differents mistakes preventing the post document to be created, will the log at the end will give you 1 error message or 3 errors messages for this post document? In fact, I'm trying to know if it stops as soon as it finds one mistake or if it continues and gathers all the mistakes possible. I have to recuperate this log (I know how, no worries) but I would like to know if it is possible for one post douments to have a log with more than one error message for the inputs I have in the BTCI

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rather than using FB01, you can use either FB60 (for vendor postings), FB70 (customer postings) and FB50 (GL account postings). These are better suited to BDC than FB01 is. Moreover all of them use almost identical layout and in fact we just copied an modified a FB60 BDC into one for FB70.

What more these transactions allow you to simulate before posting, a very useful feature especially when you are posting a file of records and you want to either completely post the file or fail it with error messages at record level that could be used to correct the file, till it is fully correct. This saves a lot of time and errors due to incorrect file manipulation.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rather than using FB01, you can use either FB60 (for vendor postings), FB70 (customer postings) and FB50 (GL account postings). These are better suited to BDC than FB01 is. Moreover all of them use almost identical layout and in fact we just copied an modified a FB60 BDC into one for FB70.

What more these transactions allow you to simulate before posting, a very useful feature especially when you are posting a file of records and you want to either completely post the file or fail it with error messages at record level that could be used to correct the file, till it is fully correct. This saves a lot of time and errors due to incorrect file manipulation.

0 Kudos

Hello Vishnu.

Thank you for taking time to answer.

I understand what you are telling me and I'm not pushing it aside but the need right now is to know if the batch input log can give you more than one error per post document or not. If, for example, there are three mistakes, will I see all of them or only one of them... and if rerun, I will see the next one.

The program I'm working on is already built to work with FB01 but I need to get the log with the messages in it and to treat it differently inside a program but I kinda need to know if it would give me more than one mistake per Post doument or always one only.

Thank you

Edited by: SBenoit on Nov 25, 2011 7:25 PM

0 Kudos

If it is a hard error it will terminate the transaction processing and return back to CALL TRANSACTION statement, so you wouldn't know if there are more hard errors until you correct the error. You will only see on TYPE E (hard error) in the message table that is returned by CALL TRANSACTION statement, but you may see more than one warning message.

However, by experience I can tell that hard errors are often 1 per transaction, so once they are taken care of the transaction usually posts. You will get multiple messages if there are warnings, that can be passed by BDC processing.

0 Kudos

Rather than using FB01, you can use either FB60 (for vendor postings), FB70 (customer postings) and FB50 (GL account postings). These are better suited to BDC than FB01 is.

This is incorrect. Please see note 310485: "Batch input does not run by means of the new Enjoy transactions but runs by means of Transaction FB01 as before."

What more these transactions allow you to simulate before posting.

Yes, but this has always been a feature of FB01 as well.

@SBenoit - you get only one error per transaction.

Rob

0 Kudos

Hello Vishnu

Thank you once again for your answer.

To be sure I understand, all the "E" type of message will have only one but all the "W" type can be as many as there is, right? So it means that if I discover one message with type "E", there is no chance I see a second one appear for the same post document?

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

We do BDC on both FB60 and FB70 in our system and they work perfect.

Hi SBenoit,

Yes, you would only know the second E message after correcting the first. What you can do so that you don't end up getting mutliple E type messages on your transaction is to do your own common validations like checking tax codes, gl accounts, customer/vendor accounts, cost center / profit centers, currency, company codes etc before even trying to post in FB01.

Best regards,

Vishnu T

0 Kudos

We do BDC on both FB60 and FB70 in our system and they work perfect.

These transactions require the GUI to be present. If you run them in the background, they will fail. Read the note I suggested plus note 310485. I believe there are others as well.

What more they allow to simulate which FB01 doesn't.

In FB01 the menu path is

Document -> Simulate.

Rob

0 Kudos

Of course we do post those transaction in MODE N, in background as a scheduled job through Autosys with file watcher. We don't have an issue even if they are enjoy transaction. May be because, not all enjoy transactions are same and some are suited to BDC like FB60/FB70 do. Also, sorry my statement regarding FB01 not simulating is wrong.

0 Kudos

Dear Vishnu,

i am facing the same issue relating to FB70 transaction in batch input program,where i am trying to execute the same in background mode, its not getting executed, if i run the same in N (no display mode) it is posting the documents. As Rob rightly said i got the sam feedback from SAP OSS on this saying please refer the note 310485.if you are executing the BDC program which uses FB70 transaction, please let me know, since this has become a big challenge in our environment where we have scheduled all of our upload and posting programs except this.

Regards,

satheesh Kumar N