Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

f4 help problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have two fields in an internal table contract account(dataelement -VKONT_KK) and business partner (data ele -GPART_KK) .both these dataelements have a value table associated with it

this intenal table is passed in the alv grid that is displayed.

however when i get the output display. Only the contract acount have the value help displayed and not for the business partner.

i need both of them with value help.

can any one solve my problem

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

joginder_singh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

For the business partner field use the data element BU_PARTNER as a type when you define ain your program instead of GPART_KK .

Only value table is not enough for the f4 ,it should also have search help assign to it at dataelement level in your case.If you see both the data element you mentioned in the further charecterstic tab you can see no search help is assigned to GPART_KK.

I hope this help you to resolve the issue.

Cheers

Joginder

Edited by: Joginder on Jan 14, 2009 2:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guest,

If you see the Further Characteristics of GPART_KK dataelement, you don't find Search help name mentioned there. VKONT_KK dataelement has search help. Hence you were able to search help for one. Instead of GPART_KK use type BU_PARTNER.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Sravan

former_member217316
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Use BU_PARTNER data elements for the business partner. It has an in-built search help BUPA assigned to it.

Hope this helps.

Harsh