Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export path for Report RSEXPTRM

hansi_heyderich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I try to figure out it report RSEXPTRM gives me a list of translations of our SAP BW. The report is asking for an export path - unfortunately not an local file path (Message: "External directory can't be open") - is there a way to redirect the export to a local PC or does this path has to be a path on the server somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

BR,

Hansi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you check the program i.e. RPTRMTOP, the default path is '/sapmnt/hs0012/x/work/trmexp'.

In the program, function module BUILD_FILE_PATH is creating the entire filepath based on Export Directory and Export file.

Test this function module with,

Export File = text.xls

Export Directory = WINDOWS

Regards,

Danish.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you check the program i.e. RPTRMTOP, the default path is '/sapmnt/hs0012/x/work/trmexp'.

In the program, function module BUILD_FILE_PATH is creating the entire filepath based on Export Directory and Export file.

Test this function module with,

Export File = text.xls

Export Directory = WINDOWS

Regards,

Danish.

0 Kudos

Just for information: With help of t-code AL11 I figured a temp-directory where I save the file of the programm. There I can open the file in SAP and download the list.