Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exit to rename an exisiting field on VA01 Transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have to rename an existing field in the Header - Order Data Tab of VA01 Transaction. Will this require an Access key as I am modifying the standard SAP Screen? or there exist any screen exits which can be used to rename the existing field?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use the KEYWORD exit for that.

CMOD > Go to > Text Enhancment > Data element > change..

But keep in mind that this will change the description of the data element where ever it is used in SAP Screens.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

4 REPLIES 4

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use the KEYWORD exit for that.

CMOD > Go to > Text Enhancment > Data element > change..

But keep in mind that this will change the description of the data element where ever it is used in SAP Screens.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

0 Kudos

Hi,

Would this require any access key? And can I do the change only on the screen and not changing the description in the table?

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For this you will not require the access key but this will change the description at the Data element level.

To change a description on only one screen than you might need to change the Screen by having the access key. Screen exit will not help you either because screen exits are meant for providing customer fields, not to change its name.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried changing the keyword using CMOD , however the change is not getting reflected to the standard screen , but any new screen I create the change is seen.

I have to activate the standard screen VA01 for the change to appear. This will again require Access Key.

Regards.