Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executing a program in background is failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i am having a program while executing it in foreground its executing perfectly but while executing it in background, it is failed in job log its showing: this error:-Control Framework: Fatal error - GUI cannot be reached

ABAP/4 processor: RAISE_EXCEPTION.

While debugging i found the job is getting canceled at the statement

SUBMIT rs_display_variant WITH SELECTION-TABLE i_params

EXPORTING LIST TO MEMORY

AND RETURN.

RS_DISPLAY_VARIANT is not executimg while executing it in background. So if anybody knows how to resolve this or what i need to use instead of RS_DISPLAY_VARIANT . Please let me know.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not possible to call that in Background. since it is using the ALV GRID Control. It will fail in Background.

In the Program it is calling the Function RS_VARIANT_DISPLAY

in side the Function it is calling ALV control.

call method grid8->set_table_for_first_display

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

How to resolve this. Is there any way to resolve it, if i want to execute it in background.

former_member761936
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

I run the program in back ground . It is working for me.May be the parameters you are passing , it may require any user interaction or any Fornt end function it is calling.Can you specify what parameters you are passing to that

0 Kudos

Hi vijay,

i am passing the parameter RSVAR-REPORT and RSVAR-VARIANT. on the selection screen.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hi vijay,

Program name is RSEXARCA and variant according to archive object.

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pankaj,

Just refer:

[Executing a program in background is failed|;

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use Offline method of CL_GUI_ALV_GRID

Refer following documentation of the method.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/bf/3bd1369f2d280ee10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Regards,

Mohaiyuddin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This is solved by using FM RS_VARIANT_CONTENTS and formating the output that i want and passing the ouput to spool to generate a list and from spool to memory.