Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I click on Microsoft Excel in ALV report output, its opening excel sheet within SAP without any data. I have checked the code and there seems to no issues with code. Can someone help with any info for resolving this issue?

Moderator message: please use a more meaningful subject line next time.

Edited by: Thomas Zloch on Mar 24, 2010 4:19 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandipan,

I have faced similar issue in past. The problem is not with code, but with macro settings of excel. For MS 2007 version, here is the solution:

Go to

Macro security -> Macro Settings -> Developer Macro settings

Ensure that the box u2018Trust access to Visual Basic Projectu2019 is checked;

Click OK.

Exit Excel.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Shiva

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandipan,

I have faced similar issue in past. The problem is not with code, but with macro settings of excel. For MS 2007 version, here is the solution:

Go to

Click OK.

Exit Excel.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your ALV toolbar (GUI Status), change the Excel function to &XXL. If in SALV, copy SALV_STANDARD GUI from one of the SALV_DEMO* programs, add &XXL to the tool bar and set your regular Excel method to abap_false. Call the GUI_STATUS in your SALV set up after the factory, before the alv->display( ).

See my other reply for this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have faced same problem in SAP Version 4.7.

Solution 1:-

Click OK.

Exit Excel.

After Implementing Solution1 --> still u r facing same problem it is sap gui issue

Solution2: if your using SAP 4.7, and h Windows vista with Service pack2 this is related to SAP GUI problem

Please install SAP latest GUI version Patch level 16 this issue will resolve automatically.

Thaks & Regards

Sudheer Madisetty