Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error uploading SAP Note - System setting does not allow changes... on Production Server

niket3790
Explorer
0 Kudos

System setting does not allow changes to be made to object NOTE 0001247722

Message no. TO128

Diagnosis

The system and namespace change option set for this SAP System does not allow any changes to be made to object NOTE 0001247722.

System Response

Editing is terminated, the object can only be displayed.

Procedure

If you want to edit the object NOTE 0001247722 in this SAP System, have your system administator set the SAP System to "modifiable" for this object.

This can affect the modifiability of the namespace /0SAP/ or the namespaces that correspond to the pattern /0SAP/, as well as the global setting of the system change option.

The system change option is set using the Transport Organizer tools (Transaction SE03). Expand the Administration node and execute the program Set system change option. The options are described there.

Any idea which prefix is used for this SAP Note:0001247722 ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FredericGirod
Active Contributor

You never apply OSS note on production system. You have to install it on development system & transport it through the Transport Route and it will goes to the Production Server (with the transport request)

11 REPLIES 11

FredericGirod
Active Contributor

You never apply OSS note on production system. You have to install it on development system & transport it through the Transport Route and it will goes to the Production Server (with the transport request)

0 Kudos

Sir, Can you please help us How do this OSS not through the Transport Route... any document link... can you please shared...

0 Kudos

Simply with transaction SNOTE in the development system

When you apply the note you will prompted by SAP for a transport request.

0 Kudos

Sir, Thank you we understand this.

But here is a twist.... We try to upload "0001247722.txt" file after extract "0001247722.SAR" file. Hence when we upload into DEV system, it has not prompted by SAP for transport......

This is done due to some SNOTE functionality has been changed by SAP, which has for Download/Upload for SNOTE new implementation is not done on my end. Hence we used this .SAR extract file optional.

See refer this SAP Note:

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/1816647

Kindly let me know can we create transport request for this for .txt file upload?

If you would like to upload manually a sap note, check this doc

https://www.itsfullofstars.de/2016/05/how-to-manually-upload-an-sap-note-in-snote/

0 Kudos

Hello Frederic Girod,

I have follow the Manually steps but after upload the SNOTE as .txt file below snpshot which is given by your link don't appear.

This Popup message not appear after click on it showing "Load the following SAP Notes into your system:" and here my SNOTE which want to upload that not listed out

0 Kudos

This is just a warning message gived by the SNOTE transaction.

As it cannot check you have made the manual task, it asks you to be sure you have done it.

It is not impacting your implementation, your system or anything. (you could continue)

0 Kudos

There has not any error on SNOTE transaction....

I think we have issue in DEV system ... RFC connection has not established SAPOSS RFC.....

We will check ...at our end....

thank you

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please use the COMMENT button for comments, questions, adding details, etc., ANSWER is only to propose a solution, dixit SAP text at the right of the answer area. At the same time, the person will be informed of your comment (currently not).

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moreover, I think it's a different question, so, create a new question, please.

niket3790
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sandra Rossi,

I am new in SAP Community so not able to understand during the post... By mistaken, I have entered into ANSWER .... Really Apologize for that.