Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "Function module not found."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am calling RFC_GET_MATERIAL_DATA but I got this error "Function module "RFC_GET_MATERIAL_DATA" not found". What does it mean? How I can solve this error?

Thank you in advance,

Sunny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I think it simply means that the Function Module does not exist in the system where it needs to get executed.

First check if you are calling this FM remotely ( with a DESTINATION specification ). Then ensure that the FM exist in the DEST system (SE37).

if you are not calling it remotely, then check if the FM exist in your local system.Just check in SE37.

Reason it might not be available in the system is because of the version , or say product type ( R/3, CRM, EBP, BW... ).

Thanks,

Ram

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I think it simply means that the Function Module does not exist in the system where it needs to get executed.

First check if you are calling this FM remotely ( with a DESTINATION specification ). Then ensure that the FM exist in the DEST system (SE37).

if you are not calling it remotely, then check if the FM exist in your local system.Just check in SE37.

Reason it might not be available in the system is because of the version , or say product type ( R/3, CRM, EBP, BW... ).

Thanks,

Ram