Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - Copying Function Group STXW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I am trying to copy Function Group STXW into Z_STXW with one function module CONVERT_ABAPSPOOLJOB_2_PDF.

But I am not able to activate the main program SAPLZ_STXW. I get an error 'Field OTF is unknown'. But OTF is an internal table already defined in the function module CONVERT_ABAPSPOOLJOB_2_PDF (I have activated this FM). I also have activated all other includes.

Please resolve. Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards

Sagar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

<u>Scenario 1(when you copied only 1 function module).</u>

If you are able to successfully activate, then the problem may be with navigation index not being regenerated correctly. To do that, go to your function module display in SE37. Once inside the source code, in the menu, 'Utilities--> update navigation index' will do the trick.

<u>Scenario 2(where you copied all the function modules)</u>

Here the error is coming because the function module in question has its parameters declared as global. Probably when you copied yours are not. You can check that in attributes tab of the function module. To globalize your function module's parameters, you have to be in change mode. In the menu, 'Edit>Interface> Globalize parameter' will do the trick.

7 REPLIES 7

Manohar2u
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm..as you have copied it should not have given error.

Can you also check whether STXW also shows error message?

If possible compare the code with STXW FG.

Regds

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

STXW does not show error. There is no difference when we compare the code.

Warm Regards,

Sagar..

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Since you didn't copy all of the function modules, this is giving you problems. Easy fix is to delete the new function group and recreate it, this time copy all function modules into "Z" function modules. Save and activate.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Will try this and get back to you.

Warm Regards,

Sagar

0 Kudos

Rich,

I tried copying all the function modules, the error persists. This time the message is 'The field POSTSCRIPT is unknown' in FM Z_DISPLAY_POSTSCRIPT. But this FM is very much active.

Warm Regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

<u>Scenario 1(when you copied only 1 function module).</u>

If you are able to successfully activate, then the problem may be with navigation index not being regenerated correctly. To do that, go to your function module display in SE37. Once inside the source code, in the menu, 'Utilities--> update navigation index' will do the trick.

<u>Scenario 2(where you copied all the function modules)</u>

Here the error is coming because the function module in question has its parameters declared as global. Probably when you copied yours are not. You can check that in attributes tab of the function module. To globalize your function module's parameters, you have to be in change mode. In the menu, 'Edit>Interface> Globalize parameter' will do the trick.

0 Kudos

Srinivas,

Thank you.

You solved my problem.

Warm Regards,

Sagar.