Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancemet of BAPI BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ABAP Gurus,

I am facing a problem and please help me to sort it out. My problem is I am uploading the material master using BAPI (BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA).

How to enhance the BAPI so that it must satisfy my requirement that is it must upload the data to Z tables already developed,scince the standerd BAPI does not support it, it is only possible though enhancements?

How to find out the Exits available for function module BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA

How solve this problem so that the BAPI must automatically upload the data into Ztables along with standard tables.

Please help me,

Thanks in Advance,

3 REPLIES 3

former_member214131
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Plz check topic: Enhancing the BAPI by Including Additional Customer Database Tables

in Online documentaions - Enhancements, Modifications, … (CA-BFA) in Cross application components.

Hope this helps you.

Best Regards, Murugesh AS

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

The two tables EXTENSIONIN and EXTENSIONINX are only for extensions of standard tables MARA, MARM, MAKT, MARC, MARD, MBEW, MLGN, MLGT, MVKE.

If you have some ZZ-fields, which are appends of above tables -> you can use BAPI-extension.

But you have own Z-tables -> BAPI can't update them in this way.

You might have an extended article master transaction, which saves inside into Z-tables - but this sounds not like your situation.

So one option left: copy your input data; write own Z-reports, which reads input files, searchs for already created articles and fills additional Z-tables.

Regards,

Christian

0 Kudos

Hi,Christian Wohlfahrt

i need to update the zz-fields of standard table marc,

now, but i do not know how to do,can you explain me thks.