Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement spot in BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to enhance the BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA to trigger when creating/changing (MM01/MM02) materials.

I have done it in Development System and working fine. but when i moved to Testing System (QA) it will not even trigger my enhancement.

I activated the enhancement spot in Testing system again and checked. its not working.

Could you please give me an idea.

Thanks,

Chaminda

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take a look at Note 1080614 - Enhancements not active after transport

(The user who first executed the component after the import does not  have authorization object S_DEVELOP, Type ENHO and  Activity 03)

Regards,
Raymond

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all I m surprised to see that how does the Quality System allow you to make changes to objects.

I hope that while enhancing this BAPI in development, you have saved these changes in a valid package rather than saving them in the temporary space $TMP.

Just check if your code is present in QAS.

Regards,

Danish.

0 Kudos

Hi

We have also found that while this happens rarely, it has happened a few times. Regeneration of the main program in QA seems to solve the issue.

Thanks,

Chandra

0 Kudos

Well Danish, the problem is that even if do everything perfect occasionally SAP fails to active the enhancement implementation (even if there are no problems at all with the implementation itself).

It shouldn't happen, but it does happen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaminda,

some time BADI / Enhacement spot is not activated  after transport...

you know...no one know the reason

So activate and regenerate it will work.....

Thanks,

Deb

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take a look at Note 1080614 - Enhancements not active after transport

(The user who first executed the component after the import does not  have authorization object S_DEVELOP, Type ENHO and  Activity 03)

Regards,
Raymond

0 Kudos

I'm on 701, and it still happens.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you verymuch for the reply. I'll follow this NOTE and update the satus.

Thank you again.

0 Kudos

Hi.

Thank you all...it works according to the NOTE but had to re-transport the things from the Dev.

Thanks again.

Chaminda