Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ENHANCEMENT-POINT in reprot RM06EPS0

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ALL,

I want to change report 'RM06EPS0' that is price comparson list, i think of copying this into a z report and then make changes. But when i open the source code it contains statements like this.

[code]ENHANCEMENT-POINT RM06EPS0_G4 SPOTS ES_RM06EPS0 STATIC.

$$-Start: RM06EPS0_G4----

$$

ENHANCEMENT 4 MGV_GENERATED_RM06EPS0. "active version

INITIALIZATION.

DATA: mgv_matnr_prog LIKE rsvar-report,

mgv_matnr_selopt_tab like rsldbdfs occurs 0 with header line.

FIELD-SYMBOLS <mgv_matnr_selopt_conv> TYPE STANDARD TABLE.

ENDENHANCEMENT.[/code]

What are these ENHANCEMENT statement, can we use it to put our logic in standard report if yes when HOW ?

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

See the doc

ENHANCEMENT

Syntax

ENHANCEMENT id.

ENDENHANCEMENT.

Effect

: These statements define a source code plug-in with the ID id. Between the statements, a source code enhancement can be implemented. The control structures and processing blocks contained in the implementation must be complete.

The statements ENHANCEMENT and ENDENHANCEMENT can not be entered and edited directly. Instead, they are generated by the ABAP Workbench when enhancements are created as a part of the enhancement concept. The ID id is also assigned by the Workbench.

Notes

: In the terminology of the enhancement concept, a source code plug-in is an enhancement implementation element of a (simple) enhancement implementation.

Although source code plug-ins are displayed in the same source code as the corresponding enhancement options ENHANCEMENT-POINT or ENHANCEMENT-SECTION, they are actually stored in other Include programs that are administrated by the Enhancement Builder.

It is not yet possible to enhance a source code plug-in using further source code plug-ins. This means it is not currently possible to use the statements ENHANCEMENT-POINT and ENHANCEMENT-SECTION between ENHANCEMENT and ENDENHANCEMENT.

Reward points if useful

Regards

Anji