Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email sending problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using the FM 'SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1' to send an external E-mail. i have to create it in development client.but its not working in Development client. and i do not have authorization for SCOT and SBWP transaction codes

Could anybody suggest me what could be the problem? Is it problem with the Basis Settings? if so any hint where i can compare the settings?

When i execute the FM its throws an Exception-2(DOCUMENT_NOT_SENT)

Edited by: Anup Verma on Oct 23, 2008 12:51 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After running the function module with required parameters, you check in transaction SU53 where you can see if any authorisation problem happened while sending the mail. If no authorisation problem, then the problem may be with the parameters passed. Also check with the standard report RS*SENDMAIL1 and see if it works. It also uses the same function module.

Regards,

Renjith Michael.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After running the function module with required parameters, you check in transaction SU53 where you can see if any authorisation problem happened while sending the mail. If no authorisation problem, then the problem may be with the parameters passed. Also check with the standard report RS*SENDMAIL1 and see if it works. It also uses the same function module.

Regards,

Renjith Michael.

0 Kudos

i don't know what and where to look up in su53.

and i am getting an error while executing standard program RS*SENDMAIL1 :

Error when sending e-mail:

Database error for <ADDR_PERS_COMP_COMM_GET> <0>

0 Kudos

Hi,

If the standard report is also not executing, then the problem should be with the settings. You can ask BASIS for mail settings. Also you can send the SU53 screen to the BASIS so that they can provide neccessary authorisations easily.

Regards,

Renjith Michael.

0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

Is your receivers list filled manually or do you use an SQL query to find e-mail adresses of the receivers list? You may get this exception if there is no mail address to send the mail. Can you check that out?

Regards,

Murat Kaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After ecuting the FM just go the T code SOST if the FM is sucessfull your mail should be there. There you can get the explanation for your problem.

sudheer.A