Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Address Verification in Table Maintenance Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Anybody knows how to check the email address value field in a transaction table maintenance through program or function module?

This is to check whether the external email address is valid and existing, like in yahoo.com.

I know for example the function in SOST, but is there a coding example or function module to do this which will indicate that the email address is not valid and the table maintenance will show error message?

Thanks and Regards

6 REPLIES 6

former_member183990
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can create a custom search help for this purpose.

cheers

S.Janagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am verifying email addresses, on what database table will I check to make the email address valid if I create search-help? I think this can only be done by calling a RFC that will return something, to verify. Please inform me what Function Module I can use for this.

Any suggestion would suffice.

Thanks and Regards

0 Kudos

whose e-mail address u need to fetch?

if you need to fetch the user's email address

BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL you can use from that you can get the user email address

cheers

S.Janagar

Edited by: Janagar Sundaramoorthy Nadar on Mar 30, 2010 6:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is maintained by the user. And there is no database table (custom or standard) being referred from.

Thanks and Regards

0 Kudos

I dont think you can validate the existence of an email address unless the mail is physically sent. (When you send a mail through Y! you dont get an error when you enter a non-existing email.)

Of course you can check the pattern of the email address before saving it to the DB.

If you are using Release 7.0 you can try using a REGEX to validate the pattern: [http://tinyurl.com/yc4v2f6|http://tinyurl.com/yc4v2f6]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not possible for Development...checking email address only is validated by pattern