Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHS: BAPI_BUS1077_GETDETAIL field PROP_DATA-DESCR_CVAL issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before SP9 upgrade, this field PROP_DATA-DESCR_CVAL is displaying phrase texts for phrase based characteristics, but after SP9 upgrade, this field is showing phrase keys/IDs instead.

Does anyone encounter this issue?

Note: I am using this field to display the characteristic values (texts) on report, now it's showing as phrase keys.

Thanks,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gokul_radhakrishnan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the side effect of OSS note 1433872 which was done by SAP for performance reasons. One way to bypass this & get the old behavior is, (ie) to get the characteristic value texts back, use the below function module and set the global flag X_FLG_ALE before calling the BAPI BAPI_BUS1077_GETDETAIL. Something like this.

DATA:l_flag TYPE char1 VALUE 'X'.

CALL FUNCTION 'C1F2_ALE_SET_GET'

EXPORTING

i_flg_set = 'X'

CHANGING

x_flg_ale = l_flag.

Now it will give you the text value and not the IDs.

Regards,

Gokul

2 REPLIES 2

gokul_radhakrishnan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the side effect of OSS note 1433872 which was done by SAP for performance reasons. One way to bypass this & get the old behavior is, (ie) to get the characteristic value texts back, use the below function module and set the global flag X_FLG_ALE before calling the BAPI BAPI_BUS1077_GETDETAIL. Something like this.

DATA:l_flag TYPE char1 VALUE 'X'.

CALL FUNCTION 'C1F2_ALE_SET_GET'

EXPORTING

i_flg_set = 'X'

CHANGING

x_flg_ale = l_flag.

Now it will give you the text value and not the IDs.

Regards,

Gokul

0 Kudos

hi Gokul,

thanks for sharing this. Really you saved us a lot of time.

that worked like a charm.

thank you so much.

hope to see you around.