Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EH&S - Characteristic of Material - CLAF_CLASSIFICATION_OBJECTS

Marcos_F_Dotta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to get a characteristic of materials (EH&S Solution).

I know that there is the function CLAF_CLASSIFICATION_OF_OBJECTS, but I need some parameters and I've only the Object and the Characteristic. I don't have other informantion like:

CLASS

CLASSTYPE

OBJECTTABLE

The Characteristic can be found through CG02 transaction:

- CG02 transaction - Substance Workbench: Display (EH&S Solution).

- Substance: UN-listed substance

- Dangerous Goods Regulations

- Value Assignments

- Column: "Max. Qty per Transport Unit" <----

Here is the characteristic that I need and its name is below:

Characteristic's name: SAP_EHS_1022_024_HQTU

Please, somebody could help me?

Thanks!!

Marcos Fernando Dotta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tushar_shukla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Marcos,

Why don't you use the BAPI 'BAPI_BUS1077_GETDETAIL' to get the characteristics details of a specification. Refer the BADI documentation for more details. You will get the characteristics detail in 'prop_data' TABLES parameter.

8 REPLIES 8

tushar_shukla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Marcos,

Why don't you use the BAPI 'BAPI_BUS1077_GETDETAIL' to get the characteristics details of a specification. Refer the BADI documentation for more details. You will get the characteristics detail in 'prop_data' TABLES parameter.

0 Kudos

Hi Tushar!!

Thanks a lot!!

I found this BAPI, but now there is another problem.

I need the Classes and I don't know where they are. Would you know to say? I found some classes as hardcode in a program...

The EH&S solution is totally new for me...

Regards,

Marcos Fernando Dotta

0 Kudos

Hi,

Your previous thread was locked because this is a FAQ.

Search in SCN for material classifications. You will get the solution.

0 Kudos

Sorry, I'm not a SAP MM Consultant or a SAP EH&S Consultant and I must not to know this answer about Material Classification. I would like somebody who could me help.

Marcos Fernando Dotta

0 Kudos

You can get the classes from tables

You have to take the field CUOBF from table MARA passing your object to MATNR.

Then pass this CUOBF to field OBJEK of table KSSK. Where you will get class and class type.

To get the opbject table pass the class type to table TCLA. Also there is one more table INOB related to this which i remember.( But not sure )

Hopw this will give you the details. Late rpass it to function CLAF_CLASSIFICATION_OF_OBJECTS.

There is provision in function CLAF_CLASSIFICATION_OF_OBJECTS to only pass the object & class type.

Also i have done a serahc for your link:[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/advancedsearch?query=material+classifications]

0 Kudos

Marcos,

You can get the class from the same bapi . Check the SUBCHACAT fileld of 'PROP_HEADER' TABLES parameter.

0 Kudos

Marcos,

I would recommend you to read the BAPI documentation in detail. Also refer the note mentioned in the documentation. I hope after going through that, you would have better idea to get the values of substance objects. I have used this bapi in past to get almost all the information of a substance/specification . For your case, you will find the data in primarily three tables parameter of this bapi..

PROP_HEADER - will have class information

PROP_VAL

PROP_DATA - will have characteristics info.

and they are always linked with each other through some foreign key relationships e.g.

PROP_HEADER-RECORD_NO -> PROP_VALUE-REF_RECNVH ->PROP_DATA-OBJ_KEY

There will be some difference, if you have a more than one record for any value instance(change record scenario ) .

I hope this information will help you.

0 Kudos

Hello Tushar!!

I tried to use this BAPI following your recommendations and it returns many characteristics except the characteristic that I need. All flags were marked with a X.

It returns information that I will need too, but not the main characteristic.

I'll research more about this BAPI.

Thanks!!

Marcos Fernando Dotta