Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing standard table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one standard table which does not have table maintenence generator and it is of deleviry class 'C'.

I am trying to provide user to edit the entries directly. Is there any tool or way how to achive this?

I tried creating Maintenace view but it will ask for transport request.

So how to do this?

Regards,

Prabhu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I used to change insignificant fields of standard SAP table through SE16N and keeping the &SAP_EDIT mode ON. Am not really sure if this is advisable to be used by users as it may lead to database intergrity problems.

Vikranth

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I used to change insignificant fields of standard SAP table through SE16N and keeping the &SAP_EDIT mode ON. Am not really sure if this is advisable to be used by users as it may lead to database intergrity problems.

Vikranth

0 Kudos

Hi Vik,

We can do this but we need to do a detailed scrutiny to find out if that field is used in many other tables, if it is, then deleting data may cause inconsistency.

Also one more problem is if we follow this method of editing using &SAP_EDIT, there will be a log created in tables SE16N_CD_DATA & SE16N_CD_KEY.

Kindly refer below weblog KEVIN WILSON on this:-

[Editing tables using SE16N and the security implications|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/16302] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards

Abhii

0 Kudos

The table is for T&E. it is a stand alone table(Means doesnot have any dependecies) and risk is estimated and known.

Is any tool available where I can give table name and edit it?? - apart from this two ( SM30 and SE16n - &sap_edit).

regards,

Prabhu

0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you want populate the table not edit it. Now since this is a customizing table there should be an entry for this table in IMG. If you cannot find it yourself then you may go to sm30 transaction, enter the name of the table and click on customizing. It will take you to the place where you can insert a table entry.

But this will ask for a customizing request.

Regards

Prasenjit

0 Kudos

Done via maintenace view.

regards,

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

If it is of Class 'C' that means there must be IMG node assocoated with this.

Go to your customizing client and try to search for that node in IMG.

Giving an interface to edit the standard table is not a doog idea.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear prabhu,

u can go through this link that will resolve ur issue

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/thread/25436?tstart=0