Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editable ALVs - How to update DB?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Out of my curiosity, wuld like to know,

How the Editable ALVs do updation of DB? I mean, prog. flow?

thanq.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

<a href="http://www.sapdevelopment.co.uk/reporting/alv/alvgrid_editable.htm">Editable ALV</a>

Thanks

mahesh

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

<a href="http://www.sapdevelopment.co.uk/reporting/alv/alvgrid_editable.htm">Editable ALV</a>

Thanks

mahesh

0 Kudos

ThanQ.

OK, I changed the NETPR value of 1st record, from 4.63 to 5.63, now I wanna to see the same updation in DB-EKKO table for the 4500036474 PO!

So, Wht r the steps/flow in code?

thanq.

0 Kudos

For that you have to find a BAPI or something that allows you to change it. You may want to call BAPI_PO_CHANGE.

0 Kudos

Hi Srikhar,

When based on the values in editable ALV you want to update DB then you need to write your own code for this. BUT you should call the standard SAP FM, BAPI, or the transactions to update the DB. Lets say you are changing values related to PO then you need to call the FM or BAPI of PO change and need to pass the values which are modified.

Hope it is clear.

Regards,

Atish

0 Kudos

ThanQ Sarda,

OK, I got it.

Actually, I dont hv much idea abt Editable ALVs! My thinking is like,

Supose,

the user changed from 4.63 to 5.63 on ALV grid,

then, the user either pressed the SAVE(Floppy) or used the programmer defined push button on the front end screen, say the push button name is, UPDATE.

So,

1 - Now, How I hv to pull( I mean, How I hv to read the ALV grid?) the (front end value of) 5.63 value to back end, which is to b used for passing to either BAPI/FM or BDC etc. in the prog. for DB updation?

2 - If the user used the FLOPPY button i.e. SAVE, How to track it ( I know, if the user defined push button is there, we can track by using SY-UCOMM)?

thanq.

0 Kudos

Hi Srikhar,

1. Yes you are correct.You need to pull the value back and there are lots of methods and Events available based on kind of ALV, you may want to explore it

2. Here also you can track the sy-ucomm. Most of the standard fields have standard ucomm for the screen fields.

Regards,

Atish

0 Kudos

ThaNq.

If possible, pls. provide one e.g Method and one e.g. Event names for a general/mostly used ALV!

thanq.

0 Kudos

Hi Srikhar,

Check below thread.

Regards,

Atish