Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI 850

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to configure our SAP system for EDI 850. Can you please tell what the steps involved are? Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

EDI 850 is <b>Purchase order</b> OR <b>Order.</b> The <b>logical message is ORDERS</b>, the <b>IDoc types ORDERS01 to ORDERS04</b>.

Let me know which object you are insterested ( PO or Order ) and weather it is inbound or outbound and what it the triggering mechanism for that.

Regards,

RS

0 Kudos

RS, it is Purchase Order. We are still in the initial stages of EDI configuration. What things should we know before the configuration? Like you said, does the triggering mechanism makes difference? And ORDERS01 to ORDERS05, which one should we use?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Luckly, SAP has standard programs to populate this idoc data and send it out. But for that you have to do the output type configuration.

Check this link on how to configure this output type.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/dc/6b7c9f43d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

Normally it is done by functional owner. Ask your MM functional owner to configure the output type for PO. Once the output type is configure, based on configuration the IDOC will trigger whenver PO is created or changed.

Regards,

RS

0 Kudos

RS, thank you very much. This link is very good. Can you also please tell where I can find information about EDI 856, 810, and 820? I really appreciate your help.