Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

ecatt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i want to know about the ecatt....i dont want links.....i just want to know what it is.....what is the functionality of this.....one example also.....i ll must reward points...it is urgent....help me please......

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

eCATT: extended Computer Aided Test Tool

Purpose

Use extended Computer Aided Test Tool (eCATT) to create and execute functional tests for software based on R/3 technology. The primary aim is the automatic testing of SAP business processes. Each test generates a detailed log that documents the test process and results.

eCATT enables automatic testing in SAP GUI for Windows and SAP GUI for Java. In order to offer a complete test solution that covers other GUIs, eCATT has interfaces to third party tools.

Features

You can:

• Test transactions and reports

• Test remote systems

• Check authorizations (user profiles)

• Test database updates

• Set up customizing tables

• Test the effect of changes to customizing settings

• Perform load testing

• Check system messages

• Call BAPIs and function modules

eCATT runs in a system based on SAP Web Application Server 6.20 or higher

Test cases usually make R/3 System database changes. Therefore, you should not normally run them in productive systems.In general, do not use eCATT to manipulate data in a productive system: eCATT is a test tool. Only use eCATT in a productive system if you know exactly what will happen.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

eCATT: extended Computer Aided Test Tool

Purpose

Use extended Computer Aided Test Tool (eCATT) to create and execute functional tests for software based on R/3 technology. The primary aim is the automatic testing of SAP business processes. Each test generates a detailed log that documents the test process and results.

eCATT enables automatic testing in SAP GUI for Windows and SAP GUI for Java. In order to offer a complete test solution that covers other GUIs, eCATT has interfaces to third party tools.

Features

You can:

• Test transactions and reports

• Test remote systems

• Check authorizations (user profiles)

• Test database updates

• Set up customizing tables

• Test the effect of changes to customizing settings

• Perform load testing

• Check system messages

• Call BAPIs and function modules

eCATT runs in a system based on SAP Web Application Server 6.20 or higher

Test cases usually make R/3 System database changes. Therefore, you should not normally run them in productive systems.In general, do not use eCATT to manipulate data in a productive system: eCATT is a test tool. Only use eCATT in a productive system if you know exactly what will happen.

0 Kudos

here is the site of ecatt tutorial , where you can find examples also

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a3/aa413b54a6d73de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

0 Kudos

hi,

i also got the same thing...thank you for reply...and one doubt is sapsyem no and host no......

0 Kudos

Hi Manjula....

Your Doubt was what is ur System number and Host Name.

when you log in , you will be in session manager screen (i.e SAP Easy Access) there, click on

System --->Status,

you will get all the details, hey your cleared with Ecatt, if not tell i will send u material on ecatt (step by step)

Best Regards

RAJ

0 Kudos

hi sir ,

plz send me the material of ecatt (step-by-step)

plz sir its urgent

plz help

thanks