Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECATT Log for display reports

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am a beginner in ECATT .

I was able to do recording in TCD and se the log.

My problem is how to use this for executing custom reports for various selection screen parameters

and see the display ( alv display) in the Log and store it for the enduser .

The enduser should be able to see the selection screen paramaetrs and their corresposding output.

How to make this happen?PLease help.

Rgrds

Venkata Ravi

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Gurus

>

> I am a beginner in ECATT .

> I was able to do recording in TCD and se the log.

> My problem is how to use this for executing custom reports for various selection screen parameters

> and see the display ( alv display) in the Log and store it for the enduser .

> The enduser should be able to see the selection screen paramaetrs and their corresposding output.

>

> How to make this happen?PLease help.

>

> Rgrds

> Venkata Ravi

Hi Venkata Ravi,

As far my knowledge,you have to write a custom program for this requirement.

You can use the following logic: For a given user and the lognumber,all the inputs parameters and the output parameters can be retrieved from the various tables of eCATT and can be outputted in the form of spreadsheet.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

SSN.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thank you for the reply.

My user want to check the display also for the report.

In that case again I shld be using the same display logic in my report again.

Once we execute the test script for a variant , the output generated by the test script (or actually the list display of my report/transaction in the test script ) needs to be stored in a spool or some kind of thing.Which we wanted to view from the ecatt log number.

Please kindly let me know if we do have a possibility for this,.

Rgrds

Venkata Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi venkat,

What u can do is write as below:

ABAP.

SUBMIT <program> and RETURN.

ENDABAP.

In the submit command, use the extension to pass the data to the selection screen. For the ALV display, pass appropriate parameters to the function module REUSE_ALV_LIST_DISPLAY (which is in ur program) for putting the data to the spool.

OR: 2nd approach

Use TCD recording mode to record the report run. A spool ID would be generated which can be captured in MESSAGE---ENDMESSAGE.

The spool ID message captured is maintained in the log. From the log, the user can directly go the spool display by just clicking on the link. To achieve this, u need to maintain ECLOG_SPOC table with the values SY, 374 and 1.

revert back in case of any queries.

Thanks

Srinivas Rao

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

thank you for the reply.Can You please help how to capture the spool in Message .. EndMessage .

Rgrds

Venkata Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just put the TCD command in the MESSAGE...ENDMESSAGE and run the script. The message will be captured automatically. Do the custmizing setting in table ECLOG_SPOC table as said.

A single click on the spool message will take u to the spool request.

Thanks

Srinivas Rao