Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eCATT and QTP integration isuue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to execute QTP Scripts through eCATT. In this regard i have done the following settings

"

Check whether or not you have the roles - SAP_ECAT, SAP_ECET and SAP_ECST in your login id.

Check the patch levels, support packages of the system

Check the external tool parameters in the ECCUST_ET table

Note : The mode of execution for external tool should be 'A' - With surface of external tool in the start options "

when i tried to eaxeute from eCatt i got the error called "Failure Starting Quick test professional"

Please any one help me on this............

Thanks and Regards

Dileep

3 REPLIES 3

sachin_b
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

Is QTP installed in the local or the citrix sessions that you are using for execution? Could you please check this

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

we are using citrix ... If you know any solution please let us know..bcoz we are also facing the above mentioned issue.

Thanks,

Sudha .

harsha_s
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

Kindly go through this article /people/community.user/blog/2007/01/15/integrating-ecatt-mercury-qtp-part-2 , you will be able to sovle few of your issues .

As i have done project on QTP/eCATT intergration mode .

The major issues will be .

1) Performance wise it will be slow , as you will be invoking QTP script from eCATT.

2) You will face problem with format compatibility .

I hope , the information solves some of your problem.

regards

Harsha