Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic variant date but with only TO date and from date blank

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to create a variant with variable date, but with From date is blank & To date is system date.

So that the program picks all past data starting from today.

I do not find an option where we can make only the To date have a value, keeping the From date blank.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Rajesh

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

<So that the program picks all past data starting from today.>

Did you mean to say that pgm should fetch UPTO today or FROM today. if FROM, you have to default LOW value of your select option. IF UPTO, you default HIGH value of your select-option in INITIALIZATION.

Thanks,

Kiran

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

No. I'm not talking how to do it via ABAP code.

I am asking how to maintain the variant of a program, so that the from date is "blank" and to date is "system-date"

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Rajesh

0 Kudos

FIll the values you want on the selection-screen and hit SAVE button. This will create a variant for you.

Thanks,

Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

I'm talking of dynamic maintenance of variant.

See this: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/c0/980374e58611d194cc00a0c94260a5/content.htm

Regards

Rajesh

0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Wow ... I never knew we can maintain dynamic variants.

Anyways if you had given a sharper look you could find your answer in this [link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/c0/98039be58611d194cc00a0c94260a5/content.htm]

BR,

Suhas

0 Kudos

Hi Suhas

I know that. But there is no option where from date is blank.

regards

rajesh

0 Kudos

why don't you use the low date with option "<=" or "LE" ?

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hello,

I think Thomas steals the show. That should solve your problem.

BR,

Suhas

former_member191735
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you need to maintain something. You can leave it blank which is the same effect as leaving from field blank and to field to system date. In this way you are selecting everything and it will be same if you leave it blank

0 Kudos

Hi sampath

I'm asking about dynamic variant maintenance in a program.

The program is scheduled to run automatically everyday using a variant. The variant has a date field (i.e. from & to dates)

Now I want to maintain the variant date such that from date is blank and to date is system date.

Regards

Rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use something like this with dynamic variant date.

Type of variable = D

Option= Less or Equal (LE)

Name of variable = Current date.

In this way, you can select everything till date.

Cheers,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your feedback