Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dummy question on popups for a text message and popup with internal table

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all experts,

please sorry for the nooby question, I've checked the forum and found some FMs but I'm now working on an old system (BBPCRM 400) therefore some FMs I've read about are not available.

Basically, I did a report and want to manage a popup showing a brief summary in the way that follows:

the internal table T_MESSAGE is empty means that the process went ok; therefore I want to popup a text message telling that "the procedure has been executed correctly".

if the internal table T_MESSAGE isn't empty, then I'd like to popup a window (title: "errors during the procedure:") showing row by row every message that is stored in the t_message table.

This is a pseudocode schema:

IF t_MESSAGE IS INITIAL.

"popup a windows telling that the process's been executed without errors.

ELSE.

"popup a windows showing the messages stored in the t_message itab.

Obviously, these popup must have just an "ok" button that leads to the initial launch mask of the program (a simple screen with parameters to insert).

Can anybody direct me to the most appropriate FM to call to get these popup windows? Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use these function modules.

POPUP_WITH_TABLE_DISPLAY

POPUP_WITH_TABLE

3 REPLIES 3

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use these function modules.

POPUP_WITH_TABLE_DISPLAY

POPUP_WITH_TABLE

0 Kudos

Hi Gautham and thx for your help,

the system I'm working on doesn't have the POPUP_WITH_TABLE_DISPLAY function module.

Instead, it has POPUP_WITH_TABLE but there's something I didn't understand: that FM creates a popup windows which has two buttons, an "ok" one and a "cancel" one. Pressing "ok" does nothing, in the sense that the windows doesn't disappear . Pressing "cancel" turns into a dump of the FM.

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Solved using an ALV FM