Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop a Ztable

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is meant by dropping a Ztable?

First i had created a table with some fields and then activated it,

then the next day i had changed one key field to non-key field and tried to activate,it displayed errors.

then my manager had dropped the table and asked to activate , this time activation was successful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I'm not really sure about "Dropping", but to do these types of adjustments, you need to run SE14, and do an "Adjust and Activate".

REgards,

Rich Heilman

4 REPLIES 4

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I'm not really sure about "Dropping", but to do these types of adjustments, you need to run SE14, and do an "Adjust and Activate".

REgards,

Rich Heilman

juan_suros
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this means that the R/3 application server told the underlying database server to delete "ZTable" from its data store, then told it to create a new table with the same name but using the changed field definitions.

If "ZTable" already had contents at the time of the change, some sort of SQL UPDATE command might have been sent instead of SQL DELETE/DROP and SQL CREATE commands.

These SQL commands are not always sent from R/3 to the database immediately upon saving changes in SE11. The drop/activate cycle gives you control over when these commands are sent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to T/Code se14: Edit: "Activate and adjust database:" .

this wil drop the data base link with contents and adjuct the table.

Lanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can always do the same from SE11 also..

click Utilities-->Database Utilities.It takes you to the same thing.

This is just for your information.