Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download word doc from internal table

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know we can make a word document online using OLE.

But is it possible to download a word document in background?

Please advice. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using Function Module:

EXECUTE_WINWORD "It Opens Ms Word Document on the PC

Hope it helps

Regards

Mansi

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using Function Module:

EXECUTE_WINWORD "It Opens Ms Word Document on the PC

Hope it helps

Regards

Mansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are meaning downloading to presentation server in background its not possible, moreover OLE is also GUI dependent and wont work in background

venkat_o
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aishi, <li>It is impossible to deal with presentation server when program is run in background. <li>If you want to download or upload in background, you need to use OPEN DATASET, TRANSFER or READ DATASET, CLOSE DATASET statements. Thanks Venkat.O

former_member191735
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will not have access to presentation server in background...

Try.....

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unlocked because poster wants to clarify.

matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think my query was misunderstood.

I know GUI functions will not work in background.

I wanted to know any way we can download an INTERNAL table as a word document in BACKGROUND?

Using open dataset also, what should be the format we should give? I know we can download excel in background by separating columns by a tab.

But how about a word doc?

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The simplest, and the equivalent to the excel method, is to download as straight text. Otherwise, you need something that can generate Word documents running on the application server.

I did encounter a problem during a project transferring a BPICS system to SAP. The BPICS system had an OLE plug in, and a document repository that allowed it to generate word documents in background, and do a mail-merge type operation. We could only duplicate this in SAP be using foreground processing.

matt