Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do successfull completion of all PREPARE modules require for running SPUM4?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are planning to do CU&UC for upgrading from 4.6c to ECC 6 and also converting it to Unicode.

It is on Oracle 9i.

We are going to do HW migration including OS and DB migration (to Oracle 10g) as well, this would happen just before golie weekend.

We want to do pre-conversion activity SPUM4 before DB upgrading to Oracle 10g.

Hence PREPARE module for checking DB version will fail.

The question, Is it possible to do Pre-conversion activity using SPUM4 few days before successfully completing all PREPARE phases (upgrading db to Oracle 10g).

Thanks,

Piyush

3 REPLIES 3

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

please have a look at SAP note 867193.

Phase TOOLIMP4_UCMIG has to be finished successfully before you can apply this note and run SPUM4.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

SAP AG

0 Kudos

Yes thanks Nils,

I will definitely complete TOOLIMP4_UCMIG phase of PREPARE and then import SPUM4 tool.

Infact I want to complete all PREPARE phases, but PREPARE will fail when it checks for DB version , that will be Oracle 9i.

Because we are going to move to Oracle 10g later.

After doing PREPARE like this,

Can I do pre-conversion SPUM4 ? Is this possible ?

Then again after having Oracle 10g, I will run PREPARE.

Thanks,

Piyush

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

why do you do the OS/DB migration before the CU&UC approach ?

A Unicode conversion is a good opportunity to integrate an OS/DB migration ...

And in that case you could do the Oracle upgrade in advance - before PREPARE is needed ...

Coming to your question:

the PREPARE DB version request phase starts before TOOLIMP4_UCMIG and this phase is a prerquisite for SPUM4 - hence I do not see a straight forward solution here (other than doing the OS/DB migration earlier) ...

Best regards,

Nils