Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display values from check table

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there is field in table A, I want to put check table for this fields, saying the check table is table B.

When I input value for the fields of table A, not only I would like to display restricted value for the related field from table B, but also another field in table B, saying u201Cdescription" field.

How to achieve this ?

Thanks

Liang

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is table B a text table for table A?

Rob

0 Kudos

Yes. I need to define a search help, right ?

Thanks

Liang

0 Kudos

Well, I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do.

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi, Rob:

My table A has a field saying "ID", the value of the fields should be restricted by the values of "ID" field of table B, so I put table B as a check table for "ID" field of table A.

When I input value for "ID" field of table A, I have a list of the restricted values of "ID" which from table B.

Because ID value does not have bususiness meaning, I would like also want to have "Description" field desplayed as searh help.

Is this clear ?

Thanks a lot.

Liang

0 Kudos

So you're only interested in seeing the description in a new search help that you are building?

Rob

0 Kudos

I am interested in seeing both values "ID" and "Description"

Liang

0 Kudos

I guess you can start by creating a search help with table B as the selection method.

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there is no need to create the search help,

If any how you can make the description field also a key field.

So that the primary key in table B consists of another field description.

So the primary key in table B = mandt + id + description.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I got the idea to do it.