Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Department and Function fields in customer and vendor master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to ABAP and work as FI consultant. I have got two requirements which are not possible to be done in customizing;

• Specific Department and Function fields in customer and vendor master data should set as Mandatory,
  • Corresponding to this specific Department and Function field, I have to set a control in telephone, fax and e-mail fields which cannot be created/changed master data in XK01-02, XD01-02 etc.

How can I achieve these functionalities?

Thanks in advance,

1 REPLY 1

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suppose you already checked options available thru Customizing of Define Screen Layout per Company Code for Vendors or Customers.

You could add some check in BAdI like VENDOR_ADD_DATA or CUSTOMER_ADD_DATA method CHECK_ALL_DATA (both)

There are BAdi to change attributes and address screen (e.g. vendor = VENDOR_FIELDSTATUS and VENDOR_ADDRSCR_CHG) but only SAP is allowed to use those. Nevertheless you could look for implicit enhancement point near the call of those BAdI in standard transaction.

Regards,

Raymond