Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery class of a table

abdulazeez12
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello everyone

I have two database tables (Z-tables) with different delivery classes. One has "A" as delivery class and another one has "C" as delivery class.

These tables are modified by a program. These have to be modified only from DEV client and not from QAS and PRD.

Whenever I change any record for first table (with 'A' as delivery class), it prompts for a workbench request, whereas another one (with 'C' as delivery class) will prompt for a customising request. I think we need to have a customising request when we are going to change the records or adding new records to the table.

What is to be done here? Should i make the delivery class as 'C' for first table also? Will it make any difference to the table and its contents? please reply immediately.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shakir,

1. If the delivery class is A,

the system (thru SM30)

won't ask for a request.

2. It will only ask in case of C

3. Also make sure, after changing the delivery class,

RE-GENEREATE the table maintenance,

otherwise the effect won't come.

regards,

amit m.

0 Kudos

Amit

Thanks for your reply.

How will you re-generate the table maintenance?

Will this change prompts for a customising request when we change any of its contents from the table from a program in DEV?

Thanks