Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete an archive file in SAP Content Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've archived an object but my writing job went interrupted and I could not process it completely. So one little piece of file was created and stored in the content server and this piece is not complete (although I can see it with the Sap data deletion job).

So I would like to delete this file in the SAP Content Server in order to run my writing job again properly without redundancy in the content server.

Does anyone know how to process in SAP or do I have to directly delete it from the OS ? and if I had to delete it from the OS does it matters for the ADK consistency ?

Thanks,

JB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

In most common, SAP does not store archived documents, only the link to the given document. So if you are deleting it from the archive server, it will cause incosistencies, due to the links pointing at the deleted file.

But the real archive servers does not support anything to delete, or change, only creating an another document.

If you "archive" a list to the application server as a file, this is not a problem to delete at OS level.

Regards

Tamá

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

In most common, SAP does not store archived documents, only the link to the given document. So if you are deleting it from the archive server, it will cause incosistencies, due to the links pointing at the deleted file.

But the real archive servers does not support anything to delete, or change, only creating an another document.

If you "archive" a list to the application server as a file, this is not a problem to delete at OS level.

Regards

Tamá

0 Kudos

Ok thank you for this insight, I understand the point.

Do you know if it is possible to modify the list in SAP you are talking about, pointing on my SAP content server files.

Another problem I've encountered link to this issue is due to a mistake I made in the "Note Name" of one archive file, already stored in the Sap Content Server, that I would like to correct. Do SAP enable to change this name.

As a comment I'd like to say that SAP archive files handling is not that easy in my version Enterprise 4.7, I hope it is improving in further ones.

Thank you for your help, I won't forget awarding your reply.

Jean-baptiste Gosset