Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debug dunning smartform

former_member249399
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to debug smartform attached to dunning letter , by keeping  break point in FM and hard coded breakpoint .

Still I am not able to debug it.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

usually not necessary to debug. Just use transaction SMARTFORM_TRACE, choose an adequate LEVEL (i.e. FIELDS) and analyze the trace.

This is great help with smartforms issues. At least you will know if or which form is called 🙂

Regards

Clemens

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to debug a smartform, open the smartform and find a statement in the "program line". Goto the Fm, In the Main Program click on FIND to search the statement to place the break-point.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Often, this is an issue related to the type of execution environment in which the ABAP is running, and there are different debug ways. For instance, ABAP in tRFC or in update task are to be activated via the debugger settings; for a background job, it's also different; for system programs, the system debugging must be activated, etc. etc. It's difficult to help you without being sure how your smartform is started. There are some blog posts which explain more about it.

senthil_kumar37
Explorer
0 Kudos

Above all try using external break point in the Smart form FM code.

regards,

Senthil

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

usually not necessary to debug. Just use transaction SMARTFORM_TRACE, choose an adequate LEVEL (i.e. FIELDS) and analyze the trace.

This is great help with smartforms issues. At least you will know if or which form is called 🙂

Regards

Clemens

0 Kudos

Thanks Clemens, I will try it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

manivel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ranju,

Do the below steps.

1. Execute your smart-form. You will get actual function module name like /1BCDWB/SF00000984.  Copy this function module name.

2.Now go to SE38 and paste this function module name and add the SAPL as below

/1BCDWB/SAPLSF00000984 and give display.

3. In this function pool double click the F include. Here you can see your code and set a break-point and debug it.

Regards,

Manivel S

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manivel S wrote:

3. In this function pool double click the F include. Here you can see your code and set a break-point and debug it.

It's not much different than adding a break point in the form itself. As Sandra correctly pointed out, the issue here is not with finding a place for a breakpoint but the way the output is executed in a different process.

@OP - kindly make sure to search in Google before posting. "debug dunning form site:sap.com" finds quite a few existing posts.

former_member182546
Contributor

Hi Ranju ,

Check the below link .

F150 - Print Dunning Letters

Once the background job is scheduled . you can debug it through SM37 using the command JDBG.

If you face further difficulties I will send further screen shots how to debug.

With Regards,

Sudhir S