Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dealing with a deleted object in the transport..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

so here is a new scenario !!

I had a transport moved from one sap dev system to another sap dev system, say ECCDK1111. This contained an IDOC with 4 segments. In the new system, I deleted one of these segments, I was asked a transport request for this, I created a new one, say ECCDK1120.

I deleted this transport request ECCDK1120 by mistake !!!

Now when ECCDK1111 will be moved to the quality system, what will happen ??

1. Will any transport error be encountered ? I presume so, because ECCDK1111, has an entry named "Customizing: Table contents" under which EDISDEF, EDISEGMENT and EDSAPPL are listed and these contain an entry of the segment (which was moved from old system but which I deleted in the new system ). Can anyone say for sure what will happen ??

2. In case answer for my first question is "errors will appear", then how to resolve it ??

thanks to all who have been patiently answering my questions 4m yday regarding such scenarios w.r.t transports. You guys are great !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

in Quality system same thing will happen like by importing into Dev2 sytsem. I.e . IDOC with 4 segments will be cerated. The deletion of one segemnt in Dev2 system does not play any role here, because the transport was created in Dev1 and by release of the transport the actual status of the objects is saved into a transport request, and that request will stay the same forever. Even if you would have deleted the segment in Dev1, the original transport would have remained the same (if it is released already - but that is the case here).

hope this helps

ec

7 REPLIES 7

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

in Quality system same thing will happen like by importing into Dev2 sytsem. I.e . IDOC with 4 segments will be cerated. The deletion of one segemnt in Dev2 system does not play any role here, because the transport was created in Dev1 and by release of the transport the actual status of the objects is saved into a transport request, and that request will stay the same forever. Even if you would have deleted the segment in Dev1, the original transport would have remained the same (if it is released already - but that is the case here).

hope this helps

ec

0 Kudos

Thanks Eric, but what I foresee is that when ECCDK1111 is moved from my current new dev system to quality, when the entry related to the segment is encountered, will it try to locate that in the new system ?? If so then it wont find it, right ??

0 Kudos

ECCDK1111 was created in your old dev system and has nothing to do with your new dev system, it was only imported into it. And its impact remains stable forever.

0 Kudos

Ok Eric thanks..

0 Kudos

"i really dont want that segment to exist in quality."

In this case I would suggest to delete the segment in the old dev system, this will create a transport request and you have to import both into the quality system (first: ECCDK1111 than the new one)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What i understood, while deleting the segment, you created a new TRECCDK1120 and it is not transported. So i dont think any issue in that in your other system the you will not feel the effect of the deletion. Simply the segment will not be deleted there.

Now to delete the segment form the other system. You need to create the deleted segment again in your dev system under a TR say TRECCDKXXXX, then you have to delete the same segment and that deletion also have to be saved in the above TR only. Now transport the new TR, the segment will be deleted from other system.

0 Kudos

yes abhishek, thanks. i understand your point. will do that in case i really dont want that segment to exist in quality.