Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datatype Currency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to understand the datatype currency, becoz I am trying to create a flat file for BDC in which one feild is WRBTR... If i see its length in BSEG table it says length 13 & decimal 2 ...

I want to understand how many places I should keep in my flat file...

1.) Since length is 13 and 2 decimals, so 11.2 (11 places before decimal & two places after..total length is 13 now)

2.) 10.2 (10 places before decimal, 1 place for decimal & 2 places after decimal).

3.) 13.2 (13 places before decimal, one place for decimal & 2 places after decimal.. so now the total length is 16)

Please Help.

Thank You,

SB.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

It Takes 13 places before decimal and an accuracy of 2 decimals. Totally 16(including .). But dont worry about the length of the field, just give the field type WRBTR to the internal table field.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can take 16.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SB,

take 13 as the length.

Declare just a flat data type,

Data: v_wrbtr(13).

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you look at structure BBSEG (which is the structure for loading FI line items), you'll see that it uses WRBTR_BI which is 16 characters.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

It Takes 13 places before decimal and an accuracy of 2 decimals. Totally 16(including .). But dont worry about the length of the field, just give the field type WRBTR to the internal table field.