Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DATASET_CANT_OPEN error in batch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I'm experiencing the following error message when I try to execute a transaction in batch mode. If I run the program in foreground mode, the file is created successfully in the outbound dataset. But the transaction that calls the program submits it in background, and promptly falls over.

Because the program works in foreground mode, I presume the issue is not with my SAP access (which is set to SAP_ALL, SAP_NEW in this environment anyway). The file is created, so therefore the Unix permissions on the outbound dataset seem to be fine.

Anybody have any thoughts on why this program might be falling over? Points will be rewarded for helpful solution.

Cheers,

Steve

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Please refer the link,

Best Regards.

• Reward points if it is useful.

0 Kudos

Thanks Abaper,

But this doesn't really help me. I am not using the gui_download functionality; in this instance I'm using Open dataset <dsn>....Transfer <wa> to <dsn> commands. What's throwing me is that it works on-line, it works when the program is specifically called in it's own batch job (I might have failed to mention that in the last email, sorry), but when it's called as part of this SAP transaction, that is when the error message is being thrown.

Hope that clarifies the problem a little better.

Cheers,

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

User error. When I redefined the data element that contained the filepath, I forgot to check the lowercase flag. Consequently, the filepath was being converted to upper case, causing a mismatch between the actual filepath on Unix and the filepath name in my program.