Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database table locked..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone, i have a database table with structure. I have changed some fields in structure and tried to activate database table. Its giving error that database table does not exist refer error log. Please help me out I went to se14 and its showing only two options there -- Continue adjustment and -- Unlock table.. So can i unlock.. or will i loose data.

11 REPLIES 11

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please contact the basis team and try to solve the issue. Sometimes database table changes can't be completed because of missing space

• in the file system of the OS
  • in the database tablespace of the database table

For this you have to check the job logs from SE14 actions.

Regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

I am having a option to Continue adjustment and Unlock table. Can I go with any one of that.

0 Kudos

Hi,

do not unlock the table, Maybe It is locked because a database conversion job is running or an error has occured.

You have to check the reason for the lock first.

Regards,

Klaus

rthoodi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If table is locked, please unlock it and further "Activate and Adjust Data base" with "Save Data" option, which ensures no deletion of data.

BR Ramakrishna Thoodi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually table is showing status : partially activated and saved.

and I have only two options Continue adjustment and Unlock table . No save data option.

rthoodi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then try with adjustment, as I said earlier, "Activate and Adjust Data base" with "Save Data" option

br

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Activate and adjustment option is not there . I have only two options Continue adjustment and Unlock table . No save data option.If I do unlock then what about data.

rthoodi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I mean to say that, Continue adjustment, and then check option "Activate and Adjust Data base" with "Save Data"  is avilable?, if avilable, then please do it.

br

RK

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do not unlock. Talk to Basis as Klaus has already said. If you continue blindly without knowing what you are doing, you risk corrupting your data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you included/appended any structure? if yes please activate then try to activate table using SE14.

Regards,

Vadamalai A

nagarjun_kalletla
Participant
0 Kudos

Don't Simply unlock table you might end up in risk.

Better to find the reason for Lock and then do continue...

I think you have added , non key fields and facing this issue .... So seams to be some space missing for Table space of the Data Base ....

Revert back if this is helpful ....