Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data transfer from SQL db to SAP db

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to fetch data from SQL database to SAP HR table directly either through ALE or RFC.

How to go about it?

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, please give the detais where your SQL database is?

If your SQL database is outside an SAP than you can create RFC type HR table and call this RFC from .net or JAVA whatever you are using.

However so many settings required for that, please give more details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The req. is to fetch the time in & time out data of the employees from SQL database of the non SAP system(HR Legacy System) to the SAP system directly into the TEVEN table of the SAP.

This req. is for the TCODE PA30 : Maintain HR Master Data & for Infotype 2011 : Time Events.

Kindly suggest the procedure & steps to go about it & also the logic of the program to be written.

0 Kudos

Hi Purva,

You can access external sql data by writing native sql code (cursor) but this is really slow. Instead, I suggest you to write a webservice which reads the data in HR legacy system. So you can cosume this webservice in ABAP to call the necessary bapis or transactions. Alternatively, you can write a remote enabled ABAP FM (and create a webservice from this FM), which can be consumed bu the HR legacy application.

Regards,

Ozcan.

0 Kudos

Hi Ozcan,

Can you please elaborate the solution described with some example ? I too have a similar requirement and i am exploring all the possibilities.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Abhinav

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case you are looking for Data Integration, its possible using SQL Server 2008 Integration Package. It shows how to load data into SAP BI by using the SAP BI destination, how to extract data from SAP BI by using the SAP BI source, and how to prepare extracted data for analysis in SQL Server Analysis Services.

Microsoft Connector 1.0 for SAP BI is delivered in the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Feature Pack. It enables data extraction from and to SAP NetWeaver BI in both Full and Delta modes via standard interfaces, within the Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services environment. The SAP datasets supported by the connector include SAP BI InfoProviders like InfoCubes, Data Store Objects (DSO), and InfoObjects.

The Microsoft Connector 1.0 for SAP BI has three main components:

SAP BI Source, to extract data from SAP BI

SAP BI Destination, to load data into SAP BI

SAP BI Connection Manager, to manage the RFC connection between the Integration Services package and SAP BI

Microsoft Connector 1.0 for SAP BI is an add-in for SQL Server Integration Services. It provides an efficient and streamlined solution for integrating non-SAP data sources with SAP BI. It also enables the construction of data warehouse solutions for SAP data in SQL Server 2008, where SAP BI is exposed as a data source of SQL Server.