Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data filtering not activated for ALE processing of Outbound Deliveries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we're currently upgrading from 4.6c to ERP 6.0 and are facing a serious problem with our IDoc interfaces:

In 4.6c, data filtering for Message Type SHP_OBDLV_SAVE_REPLICA was activated and use to extract some segments from the IDoc sent to our logistics provider.

In ERP 6.0 data filtering is not activated for SHP_OBDLV_SAVE_REPLICA and we do not know how to activate it. For some reason, we can still see the data filtering setting when we switch to "system view" in BD64 but we're not able to change it.

Checking filter settings in the old system using transactions BD60, ... we do not see any clue how data filtering or filter objects have been defined for SHP_OBDLV_SAVE_REPLICA.or in it's context

Help please - thank you very much in advance,

Martin Pluntke

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you get an error message?

roger_gomez
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

First ensure that your Model is to be maintained in your client.

Next Switch from display to edit mode using BD64. Double click in "No filter set" below your message type. Push button "Create filter group" and add same filters like in your SAP old system.

Another possibility is distribute from your old system the Model via RFC: this is in menu point Edit/Model view/Distribute and select logical system corresponding to ERP 6.0.

Regards,

Roger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

thank you for your help. I've just realized that the former project team made a modification to object LIKP, method SAVEREPLICA in transaction BDBG and set it to "Data filtering allowed".

This setting was lost during upgrade.

Last question: When redoing this modification (I hate to do this but that's the only way to keep the interface running) and save it I get an error/warning message during generation that the definition is inconsistent. I can continue the generation or cancel it. However, the switch is activated and my filter settings suddenly appear again in BD64 (they've been there all the time, but not displayed or active).

Is there anything I've to keep in mind? Can I generate, should I ignore?

Thank you all for your help,

Martin

Edited by: Martin Pluntke on Feb 8, 2008 4:37 PM

0 Kudos

Typical answer: if it works, then ignore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

this is killing me.... now, the data filter is active, the interfaces in transaction BDBG are generated, and still my initial problem is not fixed:

I have

- one segment E2BPDLVCONTROL000 and

- multiple segments E2BPEXTC000

in my IDoc but this should be:

- no E2BPDLVCONTROL000

- two E2BPEXTC000

How do I get rid of these if not by the data filter? Is there any other place a *$%& developer could have made modifications or what is going wrong?

Kind regards,

Martin