Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data element TRANSLATION doesn't ask for request

glauco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

In SE63 when I change Data element 'DZUONR' texts and save for TRANSLATION doesn't ask for request.

I looked for an answer in the ABAP forum but all answers don't help me.

This change are not in any request in DEV system.

I did some translations before to others data elements and those have request. I see objects are R3TR XWRD with value '700 xxxxx'. (xxxxx = data element name)

thanks.

Glauco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Include the data element (R3TR DTEL DZUONR) in your transport request and it will take all available translations.

For the record, I don't remember getting the prompt for a transport request when translating objects, but this may also be because of some system setting related to transports.

5 REPLIES 5

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Include the data element (R3TR DTEL DZUONR) in your transport request and it will take all available translations.

For the record, I don't remember getting the prompt for a transport request when translating objects, but this may also be because of some system setting related to transports.

glauco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

I'll get know only if I transport it.

After that I give my result.

thanks.

Glauco

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i remember it correctly, in Se63, you need to manually assign a transport request. I am not 100% sure, been a long time and no system readily available with me to verify. Also check with 'SOTR_EDIT' transaction.

- Thanks,

Santosh

0 Kudos

Hi Santosh.

I've already tryied it in SE63 manually. But also doesn't ask for a request.

This transaction 'SOTR_EDIT' doens't seem to work to translation of data element.

Glauco

0 Kudos

Hi,

I know that it is very late reply.

For transport request.

Goto -> SLXT -> check box for New Request ->Give description ->

Filter -> DTEL (S4 Repository Texts - DTEL Data Elements)

Object process - > give your SAP userid and Execute

Now go to SE09 check transport request. it will include data elements which you have done translations under the "Translation for: Data Element Definition"

Thanks,

M Hemanth Kumar.