Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Consistency

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are three table it_a, it_b, It_c in the Sap DB, I have to keep the consistency of all the records. If there’s an error occurs, which may be trigger by the program, or by the independency,

How can I realize it, Very thanks in advance..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, F.J. Brandelik said is right, if you want to maintanence tables manually, the critical point is you should update the serveral tables in a LUW.

You'd better to lock the table, use the ENQUEUE_XXX and DEQUEUE_XXX.

And some FM is also helpful, TRANSACTION_BEGIN, TRANSACTION_END and other TRANSACTION_XXXX. You can write code between the BEGIN and END. They will be runned in a LUW.

7 REPLIES 7

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

Best way to have consistent data: don't change any table independent of the others.

If you talk about standard tables, use only standard functions to add / change / delete data (like transactions, IDOC or BAPI).

If you design own tables, write a function module (or method in OO) which updates all three tables correctly. Then all updates have to be done with this function module.

Regards,

Christian

0 Kudos

And make sure you do your updates in logical unit of work.

This allows you to either update all 3 or rollback if any of the 3 fails....

Enjoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, F.J. Brandelik said is right, if you want to maintanence tables manually, the critical point is you should update the serveral tables in a LUW.

You'd better to lock the table, use the ENQUEUE_XXX and DEQUEUE_XXX.

And some FM is also helpful, TRANSACTION_BEGIN, TRANSACTION_END and other TRANSACTION_XXXX. You can write code between the BEGIN and END. They will be runned in a LUW.

0 Kudos

hello, zhenglin gu

I see your message, and it's helpful to me,

But to the FM TRANSACTION_BEGIN ETC. I can't find any document, may you kindly give me soem detailed information, or some samples, thanks very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, zhenglin gu

I see your message, and it's helpful to me,

But to the FM TRANSACTION_BEGIN ETC. I can't find any document, may you kindly give me soem detailed information, or some samples, thanks very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, sorry for the slowly reply.

These FMs is actually start a LUW, launch it, or rollback it.

The usage of it is list as following:

1. Start with the FM TRANSACTION_BEGIN

2. write your code for table populate

3. if some error occur, call FM TRANSACTION_ABORT

4. when you ready to start the DataBase manipulate, call FM TRANSACTION_END

These are the mainly steps to use this mechanism.

Hope it will be helpful

In addition, about the sample code, you can reference to some BAPI, SAP using these FM in their standard BAPI, like BAPI_REQUISITION_CREATE.

Message was edited by: zhenglin gu

0 Kudos

very thanks.